8 thoughts on “Me three!!

• January 20, 2016 at 7:55 am

Awww… Please give Wimbley some smooches for me. Poor boy.

• January 20, 2016 at 5:35 pm

What happened to Wimbley? Did I miss some news? Is he going to be okay?

• January 20, 2016 at 6:02 pm

He hurt his back. But seems he’s getting better now. Phew!

• January 20, 2016 at 6:26 pm

He has a calcified disc, and injured it. We are hoping he will be back to normal soon, but it will be an ongoing problem. 🙁

• January 20, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Poor lil Wimbley. I hope he’s not in too much pain.

If it’s any consolation, my boy Splinter has had HLD for about 10 months now, and has been pretty much totally paralysed at the back for at least 8 of them. But barring the occasional wash, nail trim and umm… dealing with certain other sensitive old boy issues… he’s fine. He’s so strong with his front end, and he sure gives me a real fight when it’s baff night! LOL

But hopefully Wimbley will be back to as normal as possible soon. xx

• January 22, 2016 at 6:43 am

Poor love! I haven’t heard of this problem before. Here’s hoping the treatment is successful and Wimbley can live a normal life. My boots and I will pray hard for him.

• January 22, 2016 at 6:44 am

I meant “boys,” not “boots.” Oy!

• January 22, 2016 at 7:02 am

Spinal issues and hind end weakness are not uncommon in rats as they get older though Wimbley is still pretty young (I think?) – mostly it tends to be a slowly progressing thing, though, and usually the xrays or scans that show it would only be used for sudden, acute cases like Wimbley. That and it can be quite hard to determine the exact cause in a little rat. So it’s probably underestimated in how often something like this happens.